We are looking for contributors and volunteers to join our family!
Having operated independently since 2014, we are ready to welcome contribution from our community. Volunteers can either contribute useful contents on our platforms or work behind the scenes in other meaningful ways. This, as compared to a “one man’s effort” would definitely quicken the growth of truthful contents, combat fake reviews and help the community make better purchase decisions.
Do you have a few hours to spare a week? Or are you on a career break and want to pick up useful hands-on digital marketing skills? Read on to find out how you can volunteer with us.
What we can offer to our volunteers
Depending on your roles and contribution, volunteers can look forward to some or all of the following benefits:
- You’ll get practical hands-on opportunity to learn and display your digital marketing skills
- You can look forward to having your name (and title) published on our website under “Our Team”*
- You may receive free products or services from our potential advertisers
- You may be invited to cool media events and receive attractive door gifts
- We can provide a written professional testimonial to volunteers who have displayed great skills, performance and attitude*
- We can guide you on the courses and certifications to take, to advance your career
*Applies to volunteers whom we have worked with for 4 months or more.
Why you should join us!
By joining us, you will be our pioneer batch of volunteers who will help grow this community-based website beyond what one person (the founder) can do. Who knows, we may grow big one day with your contributions! And then, you will hold the bragging rights on how you have played a role in contributing to the success of myBeautyCravings.
Secondly, you will want to join us as we are a Top Ranking Website in Singapore (Top 600 website by Alexa Ranking). We are also ranked Top 6 Lifestyle Website in Singapore and Top 7 Asian Beauty Blogs (by Feedspot), and have won the Singapore Website Awards in 2019.
Furthermore, 80% of our contents are currently ranking on the first page of Google search due to our focus on creating useful contents and knowledge of SEO techniques. This is quite an achievement for us, as many have to pay a lot to appear on Google Search’s first page.
And last but not least, when you indicate your experience on your resume, you are linked to a website that has established an online presence since 2014. Moreover, our brand name is synonymous with honesty and integrity, and you may be viewed as someone who holds the same values by being a part of us.
What qualities do we value?
As a website that emphasizes truthful contents and honesty, we would be a fantastic match if you have the following qualities:
- Honesty & Integrity – You believe in truth and honesty. White lies are ok, but not black ones that hurt people or the society
- Amicable & Pleasant – You believe in being professional, respectful and nice to people. Confrontational and habitual blamers need not apply
- Resourceful – You take initiative in finding your ways around things before seeking help
- Results-oriented – You are driven by goals and results
- Meticulous & Efficient – You have an eye for detail and like to get things done quickly
Does the above describe you? Go on and check out the opened volunteering opportunities below.
Opportunities for Volunteers
We are new to receiving external support. For a start, we would like to invite you to apply for the following volunteer opportunities, if you are able to commit about 3-5 hours weekly for a duration of at least 3 months. Work would mostly be conducted remotely – we will brainstorm for a way to connect digitally! :)
Check out the opportunities below:
- Produce engaging contents for our social media platforms
- Adapt content tone to suit audience across different platforms
- Create and edit graphics, images and videos
- Propose ways to improve social media strategies and engagement
- Strong command of English
- Well-versed with at least 2 of these platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube)
- Keen sense and interest in beauty, travel and general consumer markets
- Eager learner, proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- 3 to 5 hours a week for at least 3 months
- Design, create and edit visuals for social media platforms and website
- Visuals may include graphics, images and videos
- Adapt visual style to suit audience across different platforms
- Proficient in visual editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Canva
- Basic photography skills
- A keen eye for aesthetics and design
- Creative, proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- 3 to 5 hours a week for at least 3 months
How To Apply?
Submit your application to email@example.com and share with us the following:
- Name, Email, Contact Number and Nationality
- You current position title, and name of employer (if working)
- Reasons for applying for the volunteer position
- Experience relevant to the applied position
- Feel free to share any written samples, portfolio, social media accounts etc
- How many months can you volunteer for? Indicate end date of availability if there is one.
You will be the first or one of the first few to join us. Walk with us together and we’ll adjust our systems and processes to welcome you into our team. I look forward to hearing from you soon!